jschall wrote:2) As illustrated above and suggested by MeToo, I would like to see BOTH physical and virtual memory stats at the same time. Do-able?
Well, I misunderstood you :-/. Actually yesterday I made a modification as I understood MeToo's proposal: when 'memory usage' clicked a combo box activated containing two choices: Commit charge/Physical RAM.
Actually you understood my suggestion perfectly. It was Jeff that misunderstood (or was wishful thinking)
Of course both commit charge and phys ram can be displayed, but now I am really confused with the config dialog UI
If you think that more than one memory stats can be displayed, then I would suggest going back to the previous UI. Remove Memory Usage (it will no longer be a On/Off switch and remove the combo box.
Just keep 4 check boxes CPU Usage, Commit Charge, Physical Memory and Pagefile (or name it Virtual Memory).
This way the user can check any box, several boxes or none.
jschall wrote:1) LABELS for the histograms would work well in the horizontal orientation:
CPU 0: _________ 1%
CPU 1: ................. 0%
VMem: _________ 13%
Where the bars/history graph should be drawn in this case? Perhaps you may photoshop a 'screenshot' about what you mean.
The lines between the Labels and the Percentages represent the bars/history graph. The problem here is that the position of the Labels and Percentages would have to be mutually exclusive i.e. If you choose Left for Labels then Percentages would have to be Right.
BTW the Orientation is switched i.e. when you choose Vertical the Graph is drawn horizontally and vice-versa. You should correct this.
In fact currently some combinations don't work so we might assume that if the user selects Orientation Horizontal (currently named Vertical) Labels/Percentages have to be Left or Right (not Up or Down) and when Orientation is Vertical they can only be Top or Bottom (instead of Up and Down)
So for the Numbers config UI, I would suggest (to avoid increasing the dialog)
1) Rename the box from "Numbers" to "Text"
2) Adding a second tick box to the right of "Show numeric info" named "Labels"
3) The user would no longer choose Number Position (which is determined by the orientation chosen
4) By default when the graph is Horizontal (currently named Vertical) the Labels would be on the Left and the Values on the Right. Inversely when the graph is Vertical, the Labels would be Bottom and the Values Top
5) There would be just an Invert check box that would invert the position of Labels and Values (replacing the whole Number Position row)
Finally, you should add the Dynamic Positioning (maybe to the right of Snapsize)