Emerge Desktop comes in a few forms for download. We have our
- Stable Release which is the recommended version
- Development Builds if you like the bleeding edge
- Source Code if you would like to compile your own binaries.
The latest stable release is version 6.1.3 (build 184.108.40.2061) released on 24th September 2012
The latest development release is build 220.127.116.118 released on 6th January 2013
NOTE: A Development Build is NOT a Beta or unstable build. It is a fully tested version which has not been released with a full installer.
If you would like to be involved or are just interested in the source code then this for you. Build your own binaries with MinGW (MinGW-w64 for the 64-bit version), an OpenSource implementation of the GNU C compiler and utilities.
All files / Old versions
All files are hosted at Sourceforge. So if you would like to try an older version for some reason or check for a regression, here is where you can find all the good stuff:
- the 64-bit version is ONLY for Windows XP/2003/Vista/7/8 x64
- the 64-bit version will NOT work if your CPU is 64bit and you are running a 32-bit version of Windows
- the archives and source code are compressed into 7z files. We suggest using 7zip (http://7-zip.org/) a free open source software to handle these files